Sunday 18 May 2008

Groezrock shortest rundown ever.


Excuse my terrible camera. Plans to purchase a new on payday that isnt held together with gaffa tape in the books (any suggestions for one under £200 would be awesome).

In fact, im just going to tell you what happened via pics.

We stayed with Rudi. Kid is fucking awesome and so nice. We all went to see Down To Nothing and No Turning Back in Holland.


The coolest van in the world was our mode of transport for the weekend and is owned by Max. Run on vegetable oil, the van has a kitchen, a bed, a tv and a playstation with guitar hero.







Getting stuck in the biggest traffic jam in Holland is great. Dudes bring you bottles of water. You cant see it but there are people running down the hard shoulder towards me:



Down to Nothing, despite the fact that they didn't play Home Sweet Home, my favourite of theirs, were awesome. The reaction in Arhnem reminded me of the reaction the band got the first time they played London. Kids were into it but not as much as any london show nowadays which I obviously prefer and they deserve.

Watching NTB now in a town that was close to their home town, at a record release, was awesome. I have seen NTB in Holland before but this was over 4 years ago when I was doing merch for Caliber and they hadn't reached the height of popularity that they are at now.

The next morning at 9am, we headed off for Groezrock. The show was awesome. It was spent sitting in the sun, gossiping with friends, having a few drinks *ahem* and watching awesome bands. I caught The Loved Ones, Cursed, SOIA, a bit of Bouncing Souls, and Agnostic Front.

I seriously doubt I would have been able to get home if it wasnt for Joe. Thank you.

I should have taken a pic from the side of the stage when the braveheart was happening but, man, i was not in the best of states haha.



No comments: