Tuesday 12 August 2008

Newquay


I spent the past few years avoiding Cornwall. Something that my neighbour, who frequents the area, said to us about 8 years ago about the area being terribly racist made me not want to go.

Three years ago, I met a couple at Ieperfest, called Wayne and Rach (or Rayne and Wach as I keep slipping up and saying haha). They came from Newquay and a while after knowing them and becoming good friends, I mentioned my neighbours views to Rach and she laughed.

So, last weekend, me and Lynne went up to see them. I wish I hadn't listened to my neighbour. I have never loved a place as much as I loved Newquay. The chilled out atmosphere combined with the friendliness of people made it the complete opposite of London. I met so many awesome people, got to go and swim in the sea.. and saw the most beautiful views in the world. I have warned the two that next summer im going to be there bothering them every other weekend.

Thank you both for being the best hosts.

No comments: