Thursday 4 February 2010

Current Top 10!


1. Social Media Fatigue:

Whilst I actually never thought I would say it, I am bored of everyone know what im doing 24 hours a day. And whilst I was interested before, I am not interested in what people are doing 24 hours a day either. I WANT people to text me to ask if I am going to a show. I WANT people to ask where I am when im not somewhere. Distancing yourself from sharing your every waking moment is the new tweeting. And maybe it’s a good thing, as apparently, spending too much time online can lead to depression as stated here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493149.stm

2. Summer Fest Announcement time:

According to an oversized rat in Pennsylvania, there is still six more weeks of winter left.. so what better than being reminded that, REALLY, summer isn’t that far away. All fests, from the majors like Hellfest, Download, and imminently, Reading, to the smaller euro hardcore jaunts like Filled With Hate and Ieperfest, have began announcing their line ups. Whilst most of us will have to pick and choose, it just means that we will only have to brave the cold winter months for a tiny bit longer.

3. Being in your 30s.

Its apparently the new “20s” now. Heh.

4. Holiday Songs:

Ke$ha, Timbaland and Nelly Furtado, and of course the black eyed peas to remind you of good times.

5. Valentines day hate.

I have ever only had one good Valentines day which involved flowers in the morning from a stranger (RIP Chris BTN) and then seeing SOIA. To this day, I have not had a good one, and still hate it with a passion. Fuck you Valentines day. Fuck you to hell.

6. The return of awesome tv season.

Around this time of the year, everything is looking kind of slow. Christmas is gone, summer is seems like its an eternity away. Which makes the return of awesome tv shows all the more better.. especially since I was totally over Glee after the 5th episode. Grey's Anatomy, and Greek are my current favourites. But in the same breath, we bid a sad farewell to "jersey shore". FIST PUMP!

7. Spotify

I have been raving about this service for roughly about a year now. I have mentioned it HERE. Anyhow, I am still loving it as it means that i dont have to go out of my way to find shit that i cant be bothered to look for and download onto my ipod.

SO. Heres the fun part. I want to listen to some new stuff. Recently, all i have played on my spotify is Manic Street Preachers and various pop songs im obsessed with (that are probably about 10 years old because that is when I finally latch onto a popular song haha).

Help me fill up a spotify play list full of stuff to listen to before I go out.. This could be anything from hardcore to soul to the cheesiest pop (which is what i have started out with).

Link is here:

Help. May.

Knock yourselves out kids.

8. Lounging.

Going out is awesome. But really, I would rather stay in, and lie on the couch and watch tv. In 10 years, i will be going to my local Waitrose in my velor tracksuit and Ugg boots carrying my Chanel handbag.. you wait and see. Alternatively, when I win £85m on the lottery tomorrow, this will also happen.

9. The Excitement of New Awesome Bands.

One of the best feelings in the world is watching a UK band, thinking, "fuck.." and then getting excited about seeing their name on upcoming bills. It happens literally once in a blue moon, and as there was a blue moon a couple of weeks ago, the band in question are "Breaking Point". Literally, have seen them twice, and both times, they have blown me away. Check them out. One of the best new bands to come out of the UK:

http://www.myspace.com/thenotoriousbxp

10. PMA.

There are certain people that are simply mood hoovers. They suck all the life and good feelings out of a person. When I am around such people, and they begin to bring me down, I think of this. Rid yourself of this.

No comments: