Sunday 7 September 2008

Marriage

Before I go any further on this topic, let me just clarify that to all my friends reading this that ARE married, I'm very happy for you and this post, in no way whatsoever, reflects your relationship with your respective partners.


Some of my friends have their weddings planned out. They know exactly what they will look like, what music will be playing, they have it planned to a t..
I never did. I don't really think about it, because I don't think I ever want to get married.

My married friends say that this will change when I meet "the one".

But heres the catch. I don't believe in Love. I think that people mistake lust for love.. sometimes feelings of lust are stronger than others.. but being "in love", to me, is a farce. So, there is no such thing as "the one" (there are 3 billion people in the world, and the notion that we are meant to only meet one person that is totally right for us? hah).. and in turn, marriage was something that never appealed to me.



Oh and, the only way I am ever getting married is if i get this ring (and no. im not kidding):

The Tiffanys Jean Schlumberger Engagement ring. Cost: $24,000.



No comments: