Monday 19 July 2010

Incept.. *snore*



Not going to lie, but I love previews. And last week, I was “lucky” enough to go to one of the worst.. Nothing to do with the film, oh, no, not at all. The screen this preview was shown in, at the Empire, Leicester Square, was not made for people under 5’5. I couldn’t see the bottom quarter of the screen, and my view was highly impaired by a woman with quite a large head. Considering these previews are to spread word of mouth about how good a film is, the surroundings just put me off doing that.

Inception was ok, and not the masterpiece that all discussing it will make you believe. Maybe its because I only really like romcoms, or maybe because im not impressed with too much CGI. Leonardo DiCaprio, on the whole, irritates me, which I find amusing as I used to think he was cute when he was in Growing Pains and parenthood (I was 12). Unlike everyone else who has been talking about this film, I did not walk out after the film thinking “WTF” and I didn’t really care if the spinning top fell. Also, whilst I understand that it was vital to the story line to explain Leos, why did 10 mins of the film have to be dedicated to her making one? That’s 10 mins of my life I will not get back.

Best part of the film? Tom Hardy. I spent half the film trying to place him. Hes the Kleenex crying man!!!!

No comments: