Wednesday 21 July 2010



Whilst many of you wont remember this, in the early 90s, this was a MASSIVE hit in the Middle East and Asia (and I imagine, the US). Featured on every mix tape of my teens, this song is definitely one of the most catchy from this era, regularly popping into my head every couple of months over a decade later..

The treat (other than being mesmorised by her amazing eyebrows) was to find that Rakim, who, in my limited hip hop understanding, is one of the most respected rappers on the planet (please correct me if im wrong!) was the “guest vocalist”. His rap is up there with John Barnes’ effort in “World In Motion”. OK maybe not that bad, but...

I wish it were the 90s again.

1 comment:

TreTillDeath said...

Big hit in the US also. Or, relatively at least. And yes, Rakim is the real deal. Very respected.