Saturday 26 April 2008

The Loved Ones

A year and a half ago, I went to see Strike Anywhere at the Underworld in London. A band I previously had never heard of before, The Loved Ones, from Philadelphia, were supporting.

The band completely blew me away. American Punk Rock at its finest.. They reminded me of Alkaline Trio A LOT. The catchiness of their songs.. the hooks were incredible. I got my hands on a copy of their album, "Keep Your Heart", and "Jane" was put on heavy rotation on both my Radio Show and my ipod.



The band are playing in two weeks in the UK to promote their new album, entitled "Build and Burn" on Fat Wreck:

May 7 2008 Joseph’s Well Leeds
May 8 2008 Barfly London
May 9 2008 The Cavern Exeter

I urge you to go and check them out. You will NOT be disappointed.

No comments: